Professional Commercial Roofing Company
When choosing a professional commercial roofing company in Chicagoland , it’s important to know that you’re getting an exceptional service.
Here are eight things that you should know about a commercial roofing company before hiring them:
1. Are They Licensed, Bonded, and Insured?
One of the first things that you should check when hiring a roofing company in Chicago is whether they’re: licensed, bonded, & insured. Making sure that a company checks all three boxes gives you an extra level of protection. Each security measure protects you in a different way:
- Licensed –The company will have obtained a license from the state that allows them to undertake roof construction work. The license shows that the company is competent and legally allowed to work on your commercial property.
- Bonded – Being bonded means that the company has a surety bond, which protects you if the company fails to complete the agreed roofing work, or if there are any problems during the project. When a company has a surety bond, the money that could be awarded in the event of a claim is secured.
- Insured – If a company is insured, then their insurance will cover them in the event of an accident. If they’re not insured, then a claim could be filed against your insurance.
2. Do They Have a Portfolio with Photos of Similar Projects?
You can tell a lot about a company by their portfolio, or absence thereof. If a company has a large, well-designed portfolio with plenty of photos of previous projects, then it shows that they have experience and are proud of their previous work.
If a company doesn’t have a well-designed portfolio, or any portfolio at all, then you’re in the dark about their past history. Most companies who are proud to display their portfolio will have it featured prominently on their website.
3. Are They a Member of a Chamber of Commerce?
A Chamber of Commerce is a professional network of businesses that operate in a specific area, such as North Chicago. Chambers of Commerce have many purposes, like: helping local businesses to grow, protecting local businesses, and networking.
Choosing a Chicago roofing company that’s a member of a Chamber of Commerce can be very beneficial, as members generally have a higher level of credibility. A company that’s part of a Chamber cares about the local area and helping businesses to thrive.
4. Are They a Master Craftsmen Accredited Business?
For a guarantee of skilled, professional workmanship that’s above and beyond your everyday roofing company, it’s important to look out for companies that are members of The Guild of Master Craftsmen.
A Master Craftsmen Accredited Business has gone through extensive assessment to be classed as amongst the highest-skilled businesses in an extensive range of industries, from roofing to plumbing. Once classed as a Master Craftsman, a business must follow the aims of The Guild, such as only using skilled tradesmen.
5. Do They Have Good Online Ratings & Reviews?
Online ratings and reviews won’t tell you everything about a company, but they will shine some light on what you can expect from the company. Reviews may tell you what the customer experience is like, the quality of the workmanship, and whether customers would recommend the company.
Two of the best ways to find reviews and ratings, are:
- On the Company Website – Many companies publish reviews on their website, especially if the company is well-established and have a large number of previous customers. Checking the company website reviews is an easy way to gauge customer satisfaction.
- Third-Party Review and Service Websites – There are numerous third-party websites that feature reviews of local services, so it’s likely that you’ll find plenty to look at. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a great site to check for legitimate reviews that you can trust to give you a true idea of company quality, experience, and trustworthiness.
6. Are the Company’s Employees Trained in OSHA Safety Procedures?
Roofing can be very dangerous, so it’s important that the company you choose follows the correct safety procedures. This will ensure that everyone is safe for the duration of the work on your commercial property.
One way to make sure that the company you choose works safety, is to check whether employees have safety training from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
OSHA is responsible for ensuring the safety of workers in every state, including Illinois. The administration provides basic and advanced safety and hazard training for workers in a vast range of industries, including roofing. Every company is responsible for ensuring their employees comply with OSHA standards.
7. How Extensive Are the Company’s Services?
Does the company just offer roof replacements, or do they provide other roofing services, like maintenance, repairs, and upgrades? The type and extent of the services that a company provides will give you a great insight into their experience and expertise. Choosing a roofing company that can take care of all your roofing needs, and other exterior requirements, could save you a lot of time and hassle.
The scale of roofing materials and customization options that a Chicagoland roofing company offers is also important to take note of. Will you have a couple of roofing materials to choose from, or does the company offer a wide selection of high-quality roofing products and materials?
8. How Many Years Have They Been in Business?
Knowledge and experience are very important when choosing the best Chicago roofing company. The longer the company has been established in your local area – the better!
If your chosen Chicago roofing company checks all the boxes, then you can kick off your roof repair or replacement project with a peace of mind that you’re getting a first-class service.