Are you stumped on ways to spruce up your door for the holidays? Feeling like it may be too late to decorate? The simple truth is, it’s never too late to get into the holiday spirit. Don’t fret, we have you covered with a plethora of ideas.
The Traditional Approach
What says it’s the winter time wonderland like a traditional wreath? Wreaths are always a classic that brings that touch of home to your front door. Anytime you have a wreath on your door visitors and guests automatically feel welcomed. What are some ideas of wreaths with a twist?
1. The traditional evergreen or boxwood wreath
2. Make a snowman using three different wreaths. Don’t forget the scarf and top-hat.
3. Have a theme for your wreath Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza.
4. Make a wreath out of mesh, or burlap.
5. Make your own fresh wreath with real branches or flowers.
6. Go with swag dressed up with pine cones, ribbons, or whatever you fancy.
The More Creative Approach
Sometimes as much as we love a good old fashioned wreath, you decide that you’re wanting something a little more. Here are some great ways to kick it up a notch.
1. Ice skates, how timeless would that look?
2. Picture Frame with a quote, ornaments, or whatever you can think of to go inside.
3. Ceiling medallions, painted or left alone with some beautiful ribbon.
4. Monograms are trendy and super cute.
5. Any type of hanging decor from the holiday department.
6. Wrap your door up to look like a present, a snowman, Santa Claus, or reindeer.
7. Put up lights to go around your door. Make the lights into the shape of a tree, star, etc.
Whatever you decide works best for you, (and let’s not forget your budget), try and do something on that door of yours. It will be a fun surprise to come home to at the end of these long cold winter days, even if it is simply having a new finely crafted entry door installed from your expert door replacement team here at Apex Exteriors. Serving St. Charles, Mount Prospect and all around the Chicagoland area.
Images from: minimalisti.com, cinjoella.com, pinterest.com, etsy.com, creativegreenliving.com, playdatesandpearls.com, creativelysouthern.com, tatertotsandjello.com, inmyownstyle.com, betterdecoratingbible.com and interiordecoratingpics.com